Topics for research might include depression/suicide ideation/suicide, sexting or video games, poor academic performance or school connectedness, cyberbullying, negative self-image and body image, social media addiction, and less time spent doing healthy, real-world activities.
In the face of discrimination, bad behaviour, evil and abuse, why do good people so often do nothing?
Variables affecting bystanders
The ENTIRE collection of resources provided by the BBC Library can be searched on ONE single, powerful search platform, which retrieves print books, eBooks, database articles and websites. Click HERE for assistance.
1. Use (Control + Find) to search for particular terms easily in a long document, whether from a website or a database article.
2. Use a Boolean command - put to limit and improve your results eg "energy drinks problems".
3. Use to search in Google for only pdf articles - "plastic pollution" filetype:pdf - will force Google to return results on plastic pollution which are pdf articles (PDFs are great sources sometimes deeply buried in Google results and remain unseen).
4. Use a Google command eg OR eg biodiesel site:edu
5. when it is not clear who the author / authority is, go to the end of the URL in the Google search box, cut back to the first forward slash (/) and hit 'Enter'. This will take you to the Home Page of the website, and you can see the full name of the source.
6. Use a Google command After you get your results, choose the Google Menu Bar, and choose 'Tools'. Then on the far left, at the drop-down menu next to 'Any Time', you can choose 'Within the last year' (or less, if you prefer), but generally, you can choose 'Custom Range' at the bottom, as often the last 3 years would be sufficient for a recent search.