The Guardian: Australian Poverty in Graphs - It's a Desperate State of Affairs
Check out the excellent and up-to-date graph.
Trends in Australia's Distribution of Income and Wealth 2018
By Whiteford, Peter, in Ecodate journal. 01/03/2018, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p3-11. 9p.
Household Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia 2018(University of Melbourne)
Productivity Commission: Highlights of 'Rising Inequality in Australia' Document
This document is the highlights package which gives an overview of the above document.
1. Use (Control + Find) to search for particular terms easily in a long document, whether from a website or a database article.
2. Use a Boolean command - put to limit and improve your results eg "energy drinks problems".
3. Use to search in Google for only pdf articles - "plastic pollution" filetype:pdf - will force Google to return results on plastic pollution which are pdf articles (PDFs are great sources sometimes deeply buried in Google results and remain unseen).
4. Use a Google command eg OR eg biodiesel site:edu
5. when it is not clear who the author / authority is, go to the end of the URL in the Google search box, cut back to the first forward slash (/) and hit 'Enter'. This will take you to the Home Page of the website, and you can see the full name of the source.
6. Use a Google command After you get your results, choose the Google Menu Bar, and choose 'Tools'. Then on the far left, at the drop-down menu next to 'Any Time', you can choose 'Within the last year' (or less, if you prefer), but generally, you can choose 'Custom Range' at the bottom, as often the last 3 years would be sufficient for a recent search.
Balancing work and family life is essential - This piece was sourced from the Australian Council of Trade Unions
Temporary Staff Services - Australia Market Research Report - https://www.ibisworld.com.au/industry-trends/market-research-reports/administrative-support-services/temporary-staff-services.html
This was sourced through IBIS World Database. Published May 2019
Getting a Fair Go not Child's Play - News article identifying that the lower wage of child care workers reflects that gender pay gap in Australia. Sourced through EBSCO Host
Using Adaptive Governance to Rethink the Way Science Supports Australian Drought Policy
Sourced from Australia/New Zealand Points of View Database
Drought Policy - Sourced from the Australian Government Website
ABARES: Farm performance: broadacre and dairy farms, 2016–17 to 2018–19
ABARES: Analysis of 2018 Drought
North Queensland Register: Drought Slashes Queensland Farmer Incomes by Half
Employment Conditions and Health Inequalities - Use a Control + F search to find "foreign workers"
A Report from Monash University https://www2.monash.edu/impact/articles/how-the-gender-gap-hits-australian-womens-superannuation-early/
Minimum Wage Earners - Sourced from Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU). Discusses the current trends and issues in relations to minimum wage earners.
Bridging our growing divide: inequality in Australia The extent of income inequality in Australia - Report of the Parliament of Australia
Child Poverty Crisis Hits Single Parent Families - Australian Council of Social Service
The Extent of Income Inequality in Australia - The Australian Psychological Society
MyBib is an online referencing generator to help you with in text references and your List of References.
Sign up for an account so that it will store the references for your assignment. Add it to your bookmark bar to find it quickly.
Install the Chrome extension to make your referencing even faster.
The ENTIRE collection of resources provided by the BBC Library can be searched on ONE single, powerful search platform, which retrieves print books, eBooks, database articles and websites. Click HERE for assistance.
‘18% of Indigenous Australians aged 15 and over
According to The Australian newspaper's Noel Pearson and William Mitchell (2020), "Before the pandemic, the employment rate for indigenous Australians was 49 per cent while for other Australians it was 75 per cent'.
Pearson, N & Mitchell, W 2020, 'Inequality and
|Quote from a well-known person, via another source, Indirect quote||
Prime Minister Morrison has stated that the results of the Closing the Gap initiative were not good enough, and that the disadvantage suffered by indigenous children was a national shame (BBC News 2020).
BBC News 2020, ' Closing the gap: Australia's indigenous inequality not good enough', BBC News, 12 February, viewed 20 August 2020, <https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51469708>.