We now have an exciting new subscription to ComicsPLus, a wonderful ebook collection of thousands of comics, graphic novels and manga! If you like to read stories with visuals, you'll love it!
Click on the image above, or click HERE to access - no passwords needed.
To help you navigate the program, click HERE for a presentation about the features of ComicsPlus.
Wheelers ePlatform hosts an inspiring Australasian-based digital library. There are over 2000 ebook titles and over 700 Audiobook titles to choose from, with the inventory growing every day.
As access to Brisbane Boys’ College wifi for personal devices (such as phones) requires certification, we suggest students upload the 'Wheelers App' and audio books from your home network.
DON'T DO THIS IF YOU'RE NOT ON WI-FI AS CELLULAR
STREAMING/ DOWNLOADING IS EXPENSIVE!
- Add the 'Wheelers app' to your phone from your App Store.
- Tap on ‘Add Library’ or ‘Find your Library’ from the menu – search for Brisbane Boys College and select.
- Browse or search for an Audio Book.
- Click on the audiobook you are interested in, then click on ‘Sign in’.
- Use your Network login and Password to sign in.
- Once signed in you can select ‘Borrow’ > then click on ‘Play/Pause’.
- Ensure you go to the three bar menu in the right top corner of your screen and select ‘Store Offline’. This will enable you to listen to the audio book whilst offline.
- Click again on the 3 bars to see your book downloading. This may take up to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the book.
- Now you should be able to listen to your audiobook offline (eg in car or bus). To check if this will work, turn your wi-fi off and see if you can still hear the sound.
NOTE: Both eBooks and Audio books are available for download through the Wheelers App downloaded to your phone.
- Select Brisbane Boys’ College Library
- Select Browse or Search
- Audio books show the sound file
- All other Titles are eBooks
- eBooks are available to read offline as long as Settings show ‘Reading Storage’ is enabled. This is usually the default setting.