Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
BBC Library Catalogue - Oliver
The Oliver library catalogue is your go-to spot for searching library resources (books, eBooks, websites, DVDs). You do not need to login to search; however, if you do, you have extra functions available such as the ability to reserve books and reborrow items.
How to use the Oliver catalogue
If you need some assistance with getting started using Oliver, click on the Oliver image.
'Library Links' to Connect Mobile Devices to Oliver
Enables users to connect to the Oliver catalogue through multiple devices, including smart phones, iPads, laptops, and more.
- Search for “Softlink” in the App store when using iPhones or “Library Link” in Google Play when using an Android phone.
- Select ‘Setup’
- Enter the URL: http://bbc.softlinkhosting.com.au/oliver
- Enter your Library Username and Password
- Once all fields have been entered correctly press the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen to finish the setup.
- Accept the terms and conditions (located down the bottom)
- Then download and open when completed. It will look like this on your device::
Other Library Catalogues
Don't forget that other libraries are also very valuable sources of information.
If you explore the resources that they offer, you will have access to extensive amounts of information.
- Brisbane City Council Library Catalogue
If you have a BCC Library card, you can search the online catalogue and reserve books, and you can access all of the online databases available through the BCC Library.
- UQ Library
An extensive number of databases are available to walk-in students, or if you would like to borrow books to use at home, read the information at the link below and download the application form http://www.library.uq.edu.au/borrow/walkin.html
- UQL Cyberschool
UQL Cyberschool - a branch of UQ Library specifically aimed at senior school students - has a very useful subject directory which will take you to credible internet websites.
- State Library of Queensland
- National Library of Australia
At the NLA site you can search selected subject guides, or explore a variety of useful databases containing Australian-only content - images, archives, music, dance resources and newspapers.